JACK & JILL COMPETITIONS - 150 NOK PER COMPETITOR
Jack & Jill competitions allow individuals to enter without a partner and demonstrate skills in spontaneous dancing with a variety of partners. There is an inherent “luck of the draw” factor involved. Leaders and followers are randomly paired. There will be several partner changes during the preliminary and semi-final rounds. Competitors are scored individually on timing, technique and teamwork in the preliminary heats. Those scoring the highest will be called back later to dance in a final round. In the final, individuals are randomly paired, then scored as a couple. The DJ picks the music. Tempo and style will vary. All songs will be appropriate for the dance division entered. There are significant prizes awarded to the winners.
- You may only enter 1 division of Jack & Jill per dance
- Male competitors must enter as leaders, female competitors must enter as followers
- You must be at least 18 years old
FAQ (FROM WSDC)
- The WSDC only tracks and records points for Jack & Jill contests. Points will only be recorded for those who danced in the final round only.
- Points are tracked and recorded for female-followers and male-leaders.
- Contests where the leader or follower dances and places twice in that division, that individual will only be awarded points in the highest of the two placements.
- For events that offer only one division (i.e. Open ), points will be tracked in Advanced.
- Each competitor may only dance in one skill level division.
- The competitor is responsible for knowing your WSDC assigned competitor ID number. Please use this ID number when signing up for J&J contests.
- Competitors should know what division they should be competing in but use the Points Registry for guidelines if you are unsure.
- Know the rules prior to competing!